If you live in Western New York, and you are eligible for a loan modification, we will do our best to help you get it!
There are a number of modifications that banks now offer. The most important is the HAMP (Home Affordable Modification Program) modification. This is the modification process that made headlines a few years ago when it was introduced by President Obama. It’s a great program if you are eligible because it can dramatically lower your mortgage payment and interest rate. We have clients who have obtained modifications under this program that have cut their payments in half and dropped their interest rates to as low as 2%. We can’t promise any specific result for you, and we have no special relationship with any bank, but if you meet the criteria for a HAMP modification and your bank participates in the program, your chances of being approved are good.
Many clients try to submit loan modifications on their own, and some are successful. However, we have found that many of the HAMP rules are subject to different interpretations by different banks, so it is important that the application be completed accurately and in the manner most likely to be approved. This is where our experience will help the most. For example, if you are self-employed and have not been keeping good records, we will guide you on how to address this problem and we may suggest that you hold off filing the loan modification application until your records are “up to snuff.” Also, even if you don’t meet the HAMP criteria, you may still be eligible for other modification plans offered by the bank, so it is important that the application be looked at from all perspectives. There is no “one-size-fits-all” approach in the modification process, and no person can legitimately guarantee any specific result.
Whatever you do, please don’t hire a non-attorney loan modification company that advertises on television or online without speaking to us first. Many so-called loan modification companies have been shut down by the Government, and it is actually illegal in New York State for anyone other than an attorney to charge a homeowner in foreclosure any fees up-front for foreclosure defense. Most out-of-town companies can’t represent you in the foreclosure action because they aren’t law firms.
Why hire us to help with your mortgage problems?
1. We are the biggest debt relief law firm in Western New York. We’ve helped over 10,000 people locally solve their debt problems. You will see ads from many companies offering to help you with your foreclosure, but none of them help as many people in the local state and bankruptcy courts each year as we do. We didn’t get to be the biggest with tacky billboards or television commercials. We did it by educating our clients about their rights, offering them real choices, and charging fees that make sense for the service they receive.
2. Most other attorneys will just try to push you into bankruptcy. A large percentage of people who call me really do need to file bankruptcy, but we promise you that we will never recommend a bankruptcy if we do not think it’s the best option, and if you have made it this far in our website, you already know that we offer choices that other attorneys don’t.
3. You can schedule a free consultation within two days to discuss your debt situation with an attorney. Actually, if you are really worried about your situation, we can probably even set up a consultation within one day.
4. Peter will personally speak with you when you call, and will give you a preliminary legal opinion the first time you speak with him. Most other attorneys will make you fill out a bunch of forms, speak to a paralegal first, and wait days for an appointment. One local attorney even makes his clients watch a video before he speaks with them (We don’t know if he gives them popcorn).
5. You can reach us 24 hours a day to schedule an appointment. If you don’t get a chance to call us during our regular office hours, you can reach us on our special cell phone number (716)479-8067 reserved for new clients at any time, even on weekends. If we don’t pick up, please leave a message and let us know how late we can call you back. You can also text us at any time.
6. We offer payment plans for our fees. The first consultation with our office is free. If you decide to hire us, we will tell you exactly how much your case will cost, and we will offer you a 60 day payment plan. The down payment is often less than one month’s regular mortgage payment
7. Helping clients solve debt problems is all we do. We have five attorneys and a full support staff who spend every minute of every day helping clients with their debt problems. We don’t try to practice in other areas of the law, and we are always on the cutting edge of consumer protection law in Western New York.